Website Fairview Health Services
Affiliated with University of Minnesota Physicians
Fairview Health Services (fairview.org) is an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services. Joined by HealthEast in June 2017, Fairview is one of the most comprehensive and geographically accessible systems in the state, serving the greater Twin Cities metro area and north-central Minnesota. In partnership with the University of Minnesota, Fairview’s 32,000 employees and 2,400 affiliated providers embrace innovation to drive a healthier future through healing, discovery and education.
Fairview Health Services is seeking a General Surgeon to join the Fairview Medical Group based at Fairview Lakes Medical Center in the city of Wyoming, MN (30 miles north of Minneapolis/St. Paul)
The General Surgeon will perform board based general surgical procedures to include, but not limited to gall bladder, hernia repair, intestinal, breast cancer, colon, and appendix surgeries. The general surgeon will perform routine, laparoscopic and endoscopic surgical procedures as well as upper and lower endoscopies. Physician practices are developed based on the interests, skills, and competencies of each provider.
As a part of the Fairview Health Services system, providers have access to consultation, collaborative management or referral as indicated by the health status of the patient. Also, an established referral base of Fairview employed primary care and subspecialty physicians. Physician practices are developed based on the interests, skills and competencies of each provider. Join a group of physicians interested in staying on the cutting edge of their field.
- Multidisciplinary surgical practice of 3 surgeons.
- Fairview Lakes Medical Center is a 62-bed licensed facility offering a full range of primary and specialty care services to population of Wyoming, Minnesota and surrounding communities. The facility has 5 surgical suites and 2 dedicated endoscopy suites.
- Onsite specialties include: Pediatrics, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, General Surgery, Sports Medicine, Urology, Radiology, Neurology, ENT, Podiatry, Hematology/Oncology, Ophthalmology, Dermatology and Rheumatology.
- A team of CRNAs perioperative staff and perianesthesia staff provide support to surgeons.
- The Fairview Medical Group Surgical Clinic is co-located on the Fairview Lakes Medical Center campus.
- Level 4 Trauma Center staffed 24/7 with Fairview employed Emergency Medicine Physicians.
- Patients are admitted to the Hospitalist Service.
- We have a fully integrated Electronic Medical Record (EPIC).
- Strong referral base from the Fairview Medical Group primary and specialty care providers.
- Call coverage is 1:4.
Competitive 2 year salary guarantee followed by high income earning potential on RVU compensation program. Comprehensive benefits package that includes generous time off, annual CME allowance, malpractice insurance, a retirement plan, & more.
H1B Visa accepted.
Graduate of an accredited ACGME Surgery residency training program and Board Certified/Board Prepared with the American Board of Medical Specialties. Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure. Ability to obtain and /or maintain DEA certification for the State of Minnesota. Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges. ACLS/BLS Certified. Preferred Qualifications: Interest in breast surgery is preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com